At Designs for Health, part of our mission is to advance the way education and technology support wellness for all. In our commitment to evidence-based education, we have created The Designs for Health Dietary Supplement SpecialistTM (DSS) Certification Program.
The DSS Certification Program empowers health professionals through robust, self-direct online education. Grounded in a foundation of evidence-based nutritional principles, the course content is designed to enhance your knowledge and proficiency in the safe, effective application of dietary supplements.
The Dietary Supplement SpecialistTM (DSS) Certification Program from Designs for Health is an accredited educational program featuring a comprehensive curriculum on the science of nutrition and dietary supplementation. The program consists of 13 in-depth modules that explore essential aspects of biology, physiology, and nutritional biochemistry, as well as nutrients, herbs, and other compounds that support healthy function. Educational emphasis is given to dietary supplementation, including ingredient identification, formula composition, and evidence-based benefits in client care.
The Designs for Health Dietary Supplement SpecialistTM (DSS) Certification Program is accredited and approved for continuing education credits (CEC) with the following industry organizations.
How it Works
Certified Health Coaches active and in good standing with one of the following Health Coaching programs:
- - ACE Fitness Health Coach
- - Functional Nutrition Lab
- - Adapt Health Coach
- - Health Coach Institute
- - AFPA Health Coach
- - Institute for Integrative Nutrition
- - Dr. Sears Wellness Institute
- - National Society of Health Coaches
- - Duke Integrative Medicine Health Coach
- - Nutritional Therapy Association
- - Functional Diagnostic Nutrition
- - Restorative Wellness Solutions
- - Functional Medicine Coaching Academy
- - Wellcoaches School of Coaching
Registered Nurses (RN)
Key Course Takeaways
Upon successful completion of this flexible online learning program, students will walk away with:
- A practical understanding of macronutrients, micronutrients, herbs, botanicals, and their formulation & use in dietary supplements
- Evidence-based education in nutrition science, with aspects of biology, physiology and biochemistry
- The ability to identify, differentiate and evaluate products based on ingredient profiles, composition and quality, including factors such as:
- Addressing nutrient insufficiencies and deficiencies
- The importance of effective dosing
- Food-based vs bioidentical formulations
- Excipients and contaminants
- Implications of allergens
- Quality standards and regulation of dietary supplements
- Safety and avoidance of adverse effects
- Continuing Education Credits (CECs) in support of their professional certification
- Qualification for a professional customer account with Designs for Health and access to a wide range of professional nutritional formulas from the DFH catalog
3 Steps to Accelerate your knowledge and Career
Meet the Faculty
Disclaimer : The information in this course is provided for educational purposes only. It is not medical advice or training. Health Coaches are solely responsible for how they choose to use this information or to recommend supplements to their clients.
*Product credit available only upon professional registration with new Designs for Health customer account
*Desktop or laptop (pc or mac) platforms preferred