At Designs for Health, part of our mission is to advance the way education and technology support wellness for all. In our commitment to evidence-based education, we have created The Designs for Health Dietary Supplement SpecialistTM (DSS) Certification Program.
The DSS Certification Program empowers health professionals through robust, self-direct online education. Grounded in a foundation of evidence-based nutritional principles, the course content is designed to enhance your knowledge and proficiency in the safe, effective application of dietary supplements.
The Dietary Supplement SpecialistTM (DSS) Certification Program from Designs for Health is an accredited educational program featuring a comprehensive curriculum on the science of nutrition and dietary supplementation. The program consists of 13 in-depth modules that explore essential aspects of biology, physiology, and nutritional biochemistry, as well as nutrients, herbs, and other compounds that support healthy function. Educational emphasis is given to dietary supplementation, including ingredient identification, formula composition, and evidence-based benefits in client care.
The Designs for Health Dietary Supplement SpecialistTM (DSS) Certification Program is accredited and approved for continuing education credits (CEC) with the following industry organizations.
How it Works
Certified Health Coaches active and in good standing with one of the following Health Coaching programs:
- - ACE Fitness Health Coach
- - Functional Nutrition Lab
- - Adapt Health Coach
- - Health Coach Institute
- - AFPA Health Coach
- - Institute for Integrative Nutrition
- - Dr. Sears Wellness Institute
- - National Society of Health Coaches
- - Duke Integrative Medicine Health Coach
- - Nutritional Therapy Association
- - Functional Diagnostic Nutrition
- - Restorative Wellness Solutions
- - Functional Medicine Coaching Academy
- - Wellcoaches School of Coaching
Registered Nurses (RN)
Professional members of the National Association of Nutrition Professionals (NANP)
Key Course Takeaways
Upon successful completion of this flexible online learning program, students will walk away with:
- A practical understanding of macronutrients, micronutrients, herbs, botanicals, and their formulation & use in dietary supplements
- Evidence-based education in nutrition science, with aspects of biology, physiology and biochemistry
- The ability to identify, differentiate and evaluate products based on ingredient profiles, composition and quality, including factors such as:
- Addressing nutrient insufficiencies and deficiencies
- The importance of effective dosing
- Food-based vs bioidentical formulations
- Excipients and contaminants
- Implications of allergens
- Quality standards and regulation of dietary supplements
- Safety and avoidance of adverse effects
- Continuing Education Credits (CECs) in support of their professional certification
- Qualification for a professional customer account with Designs for Health and access to a wide range of professional nutritional formulas from the DFH catalog
3 Steps to Accelerate your knowledge and Career
Meet the Faculty
Dr. Debbie Bright DC,
The DFH Dietary Supplement Specialist Program offers an essential yet simplistic education focused on biochemistry, metabolism, gut health, blood sugar management, immunity, cardiovascular health, stress support, product formulations, protocoling and more:-highlighting key areas very necessary for optimal clinical outcomes. This foundational program will help develop well-rounded healthcare practitioners ranging from certified health coaches and trainers to the physicians they collaborate with:-which is an all-around win for client/patient care. I haven’t seen this level of training offered anywhere else in the industry and can honestly say it would be a pleasure and a gift to work alongside any practitioner who’s completed this coursework.
MS Millenial Fat Loss & Gut Health Expert
The Dietary Supplement Specialist Program is a well-thought-out training that helps coaches and practitioners get a good foundation on the purpose and use of supplementation with their clients. You'll come out with an understanding of how supplements can help aid different body systems and conditions. I highly recommend this training to anyone!
FDN Practitioner, Board Certified Functional Wellness Coach,
and Chief Operations Officer for Functional Diagnostic Nutrition
"This was one of the best supplement courses I have had, very informative and well designed."
Everyone who is just starting a practice and for those like me who have had a practice for over 24+ years can and will benefit from the DFH Dietary Supplement Specialist Program. It was a great refresher and learning experience about product formulation & protocols, biochemistry, GI health, stress health and more! Everyone will gain new knowledge that is essential for a successful practice and optimal outcomes for their clients/patients. I have already recommended this program to my colleagues and to those who are just entering the health and wellness space. Designs for Health continues to set the bar as a true leader in their field.
B.S. Dietetics, BCIH, CN, Holistic & Functional Nutritionist Diplomate, American Board of Integrative Medicine
Disclaimer : The information in this course is provided for educational purposes only. It is not medical advice or training. Health Coaches are solely responsible for how they choose to use this information or to recommend supplements to their clients.
*Product credit available only upon professional registration with new Designs for Health customer account
*Desktop or laptop (pc or mac) platforms preferred